Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Some of my memorable stories

It has come to my attention that this year is my 10 year anniversary with the company.

The letter says this month, but actually it's in December. Either way, y'all know how nostalgic I am. I spent the afternoon reflecting on my career...how far I've come and how I've regressed. But seriously. Since I've been thinking about it here and I wasn't terribly busy today, I spent the last couple of hours digging through the archives. I thought I'd share with y'all a few of my favorite stories from the past 10 years. Most are pretty old, all of my North Augusta Today stuff is gone, thanks to a virus in the database.

When I think about my stories, though, these are a few that rise to the surface.

Mother finds son she gave up in 1984

Rationing the meal money

Every family has a history

Woman gets dying wish to see her parents
(She lived two more years after this. :) )

And from the WAY BACK files:

The famous pigeon racing story:

Exchange students share their views of our country:

And a paraplegic drag racer, who kicked butt on the strip:


The older stories seem much better, but then again, we had more time and editors to devote to developing and polishing them. Now it feels like we just churn out copy. I miss those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment