Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Women can be chivalrous, too

Okay...let me ask you something I've been wondering for a while. Is it weird that I open car doors for men?

It's not like I steal their keys and run to the car before they do. But if a man opens my car door for me, I reach over return the favor.

Perhaps I misunderstood my daddy. I always thought he taught me to do this. Perhaps he only told me to unlock the door. That was half a lifetime ago. I can barely remember what I had for breakfast! But if you consider that there are automatic locks on everything now, then it makes sense to me to return that courteousness in some way.

Frankly, I still love it when a man opens my car door. I'd like to encourage him to keep doing it!

It messes men up, let me tell you. That part's kind of fun. I can't see them pause, because I'm usually buckling my seat belt, but sometimes it takes them a really long time to get around that car. Maybe they're just checking the tires...

Sometimes, they almost giggle every time they slide into the driver's seat. One couldn't help but tell me every single time it happened that nobody's ever done that for him before. Some just say, "Thank you." They all seem to appreciate it, though. I've never gotten an unfavorable reaction.

But still...is that weird? Maybe if nothing else, it makes me unforgettable! ;-)


(If you enjoy my blog, please share it. You also follow me on Twitter, @asinglepov. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment